Sharing a healthier, peanutty take on a Twix bar. Homemade Vegan Peanut Butter Twix Bars. Layered with dark chocolate, toasted almond “shortbread”, sweet peanut butter “caramel”, additional dark chocolate, and finished with flaky sea salt. Every last bite is sweet, nutty, extra chocolatey, and so DELICIOUS. These Twix bars are easy to make, have no processed sugars, and are gluten-free!
Looking for other healthier dessert recipes? Here are my favorites:
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line an 8x8 inch square baking dish with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, mix the almond flour, coconut flour, 1/3 cup coconut oil, 2 tablespoons honey, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and salt until combined. Press the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Bake 10-12 minutes, until lightly golden and toasted.
3. In a small pot, mix the peanut butter, almond butter, 1/4 cup maple syrup, 1/4 cup coconut oil, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Bring to a gentle boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook 2 minutes, then remove from the heat. Pour over the crust. Freeze 30 minutes, until firm. Cut bars into 16 bars.
4. Melt the chocolate and 1 tablespoon coconut oil in the microwave until melted. Let cool 10 minutes.
5. Cover/dip each bar in chocolate, sprinkle with salt. Freeze 10 minutes, to set the chocolate. Eat or store in the fridge.